Outdoor Activities in Michigan
There are numerous outdoor activities in Michigan to experience, whether you are a local or are planning your vacation. Michigan is bordered on three sides by water, and thus there are many different beaches to visit in the summer. It is not a surprise that water activities are high on the list of things to do in the outdoors in Michigan. This beautiful state is also home to numerous forests and state parks. Here is a list of some of the wonderful activities in Michigan we recommend. For even more information, please visit http://www.michigan.org/outdoors/.
Fun Activities for Your Family In Michigan
- Diving and snorkeling
- Dog sledding
- Golf: Over 700 courses to choose from.
- Hiking: Nearly 800 trails around the state.
- Horseback riding
- Ice climbing
- Ice skating
- ORV trail riding
- Sight-seeing: Among the many of the outdoor activities in Michigan, the UP has more than 20 named waterfalls and an undisclosed amount of unnamed falls.
- Skiing: Around 40 different locations.
- Swimming: More than 200 beaches.
- Whitewater rafting